Official Huawei Honor ICS Non-Camera (Singapore) is out!
The wait for the official Android Ice-Cream Sandwish OS for Huawei Honor (U8860) is finally over! Yes, it has been rolled out via Huawei’s website. Over-the-air installation is not available yet when I am writing this post.
This English firmware (V100R001SGPC388B935), according to the website, is specified to be for the non-camera version.
Let me show you through the simple installation to get your phone upgraded to the newer firmware. (Advisory: Please backup your phone before you attempt to perform the upgrade.)
- Download the firmware here (352.20MB).
- Extract the file into a folder.
- Connect the phone to your computer.
- Turn on USB storage mode on your phone.
- Copy the folder “dload – Part 1 (Main package)” onto your phone’s SD card root directory.
- Rename this folder to “dload”.
- Turn off USB storage mode.
- On your phone, go to Settings –> Storage –> Software Upgrade.
- Select “SD card Upgrade” and click “Confirm”.
- After your phone is booted into the system, turn on USB storage again.
- Delete the folder dload.
- Then repeat Step 5 to 9 again for the folder “dload – Part 2 (Vendor Package)”.
- Congratulation! Your Huawei Honor is now running Android ICS.
*Important – Please DO NOT interrupt or cancel or switch off your phone during the software upgrade. Ensure that your phone is fully charged before you perform the upgrade.