Update your Samsung Galaxy Note II (LTE) – GT-N7105 to Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2!
Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 for Samsung Galaxy Note II (LTE) is out! The firmwares are available for all 3 local telcos, namely M1, SingTel and StarHub.
You may either download the update via Over-the-Air (OTA) transmission or perform a manual update. Since my phone is a rooted set, I am unable to grab the update through OTA. The manual updating process is very simple. Basically, it is almost identical as the process to root your phone except that the file used is different.
Official M1 Firmware:
Official SingTel Firmware:
Official StarHub Firmware:
* Contributed from http://www.sammobile.com/
Some of the improvements / changelog found in Jelly Bean 4.1.2:
- New Additions in Notifcation Toggles
- Notification Panel can now be customized
- Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled
- Multi-View Can now be disabled
- Browser Is Smoother Then Before
- Status Bar has been changed from Grey to Black
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- New Ink Effect On Lockscreen
- New Group Cast Application
Do note that by updating the firmware, you are restoring your phone back to the original unrooted state. You have to root the phone again after updating to the new firmware.
Please refer to my earlier post on the process. Instead of selecting the “CF-Auto-Root-t0lte-gtn7105.tar.md5” file, you have to select the firmware file. E.g: filename for StarHub is N7105XXDLL7_N7105OLBDLL2_N7105DXDLL1_HOME.tar.md5
Subsequently, repeat the process to unroot your phone again. The updated ChanFire root firmware can be downloaded here.
* Do remember to back up your phone before attempting any update or unroot process. If you have done everything correctly, your data should remain intact.