huawei honor ics singapore
now browsing by tag
As you have known from my earlier post, the official ICS firmware is already out. After installing it, what follows next is to root it. This is for those who knows what they are doing, not for the faint-hearted. By rooting your device, you will gain full access to the registry and etc as you are running as a super user. Then you are able to remove useless apps that comes in the default fw.
The current root tool for B923 works for the local B935 too. Follow the simple steps below to unroot your phone.
- Download the root tool for Huawei Honor (U8860) ICS here to your computer.
- Connect your phone to your computer. Ensure that the ADB driver is installed.
- Turn off fast-boot and also enable USB debugging on your phone.
- Extract the root tool to your computer and run root-me.cmd
- Follow the instruction in the pop-up cmd prompt.
- If everything runs well, your phone should be rooted now.
Now, your phone should contain an app known as “Superuser”. You can also download the app, Root Checker, from Google Play to verify.
The wait for the official Android Ice-Cream Sandwish OS for Huawei Honor (U8860) is finally over! Yes, it has been rolled out via Huawei’s website. Over-the-air installation is not available yet when I am writing this post.
This English firmware (V100R001SGPC388B935), according to the website, is specified to be for the non-camera version.
Let me show you through the simple installation to get your phone upgraded to the newer firmware. (Advisory: Please backup your phone before you attempt to perform the upgrade.)
- Download the firmware here (352.20MB).
- Extract the file into a folder.
- Connect the phone to your computer.
Read the rest of this page »